Monday, October 10, 2011

New Coffee Setup


My artistic flair and inspiration: Coffee and Wedding Ring
Wow!  I can't believe it, I am married!  After a wonderful and joyous wedding weekend, I returned to the DMV to resume my studies. 

One perk of weddings is that you get stuff, and in my case, coffee stuff.  While 90% of the gifts were directed to my bride, I received a new espresso machine and a coffee grinder, specifically a Gaggia Baby and a Rancillio Rocky.  The differerence between this and my Lello Ariete (espresso machine) and Capresso Infinity (grinder) is tremendous.  The espresso tastes thicker and I have better control over grind size.  The Gaggia' s steamer is powerful and can whip the milk around the pitcher.  Sarah received a nice Cuisnart drip machine equipped with a water filter.  It evenly disperses the water over the ground coffee with a special nozzle. 
An updated picture of my coffee bar.
I am toying around with grind size and tamping with the new portafilter.  The portafilter cannot be filled to the brim; room must be left so it can fit securely into the group head.  I'm sure over the coming weeks I will work out the kinks, but right now I have plenty of new coffee toys to play with :-) Any tips for these high octane, prosumer machines is welcome!  If anyone is wondering, here is my first coffee setup.  Note that everything is replaced except the moka pot.


I love my moka pot.



6 comments:

  1. Your blogs are totally worth giving time and energy. xammax.my

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome article! I want people to know just how good this information is in your article. It’s interesting, compelling content. Your views are much like my own concerning this subject. My First Espresso

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. http://charmcoffee.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blog is like a chocolate for me. I want to have it all the time.
    Best espresso machine under 300

    ReplyDelete

  5. We provide you result at the same time as PEC provides. First of all, You should bookmark this page to get your 5th Class PEC result in time. The 5th Class PEC result will be available on 31 March 2018 at 10 Am.

    class 8th exam result 2018
    5th result 2018 fsd board
    pec result 2018 class 8th

    ReplyDelete
  6. I might suggest solely beneficial in addition to trusted facts, and so find it:
    how to make french press coffee at home

    ReplyDelete