Saturday, July 03, 2010

Metro Espresso Survey: Round 3


Here is the last survey, which comes from Sarah in the Arlington area. An interesting observation, she gives some love to Maxwell House, but none to Starbucks.

1. When you buy coffee on the go, who do you patronize? (Starbucks, Dunkin' Donuts, an espresso cart, Au Bon Pain...etc.)

I refuse to drink Starbucks under any condition. It is overrated and it is bitter. I try to find hole in the wall type coffee houses, or non-chains. Luckily, living in DC, there are plenty of those! If chains are my only options, I have found
that Marvelous Market is quite good, and depending on when the coffee was brewed. Dunkin' Donuts or Caribou.

2. What is your preferred coffee-based drink (drip, espresso, moka pot, French press, latte...etc), and why?

French press or drip are what I tend to go for with a tiny tiny tiny (seriously...tiny!) bit of skim milk and a sweet n low.
I like being able to nurse on a cup o' joe, rather than have to drink it quickly like an espresso.

3. In general, what is your favorite aspect about coffee? Explain (i.e culture, taste, social lubricant)

There really isn't anything that I don't like about coffee. It can be enjoyed with friends while chatting over what is going on in the news. During these economic troubling times, it is a great cheap date, as you can enjoy a time to get to know one another. It can help you stay up late when you procrastinate on a paper or a deadline. Depending on the coffee itself, it tastes delicious, and there are so many different ways that you can drink it!

4. What is your favorite coffee story? (i.e bad experience at Starbucks or amazing espresso)

I was meeting a friend for lunch one day near Dupont Circle. I was a little early, so I decided to get some coffee at a nearby coffee shop. I brought the coffee to Dupont Cirlcle and people watched while I waited for my friend. The weather was not too hot but not too cold,
and there were lots of people out and about to watch. There were couples on lunch dates, tourists walking through the center of the circle, and families taking afternoon strolls. While sipping on my coffee (which was delicious by the way!), I remember feeling very peaceful, content, and relaxed.

5. Folgers or Maxwell House? :-)

Neither, but if I had to choose, Maxwell House...the best part of waking up is NOT Foldger's in your cup. Maxwell House has a bit more flavor than the watered down Foldgers.

No comments:

Post a Comment