Hi all, I wanted to post the second round of surveys. Readers Claire and Commissioned Coffee responded with some pithy, espresso-like comments. On Saturday, I am leaving for St. Louis, and returning on Wednesday. So there will be no updates until the end of next week. If you haven't, please peruse the past posts, and be sure to comment. I love seeing what people write, allowing everyone the chance to jump into the conversation.
1. When you buy coffee on the go, who do you patronize? (Starbucks, Dunkin' Donuts, an espresso cart, Au Bon Pain...etc.)
Claire: I usually buy Starbucks since there are two on my campus and at least five within a ten minute drive, but its also hard to pass up Dunkin' Donuts when I see one.
CCC: Dunkin' is okay.
2. What is your preferred coffee-based drink (drip, espresso, moka pot, French press, latte...etc), and why?
Claire:If I'm at Starbucks, I usually order a frappuchino on hot days or a mocha or drip coffee on cooler days or to get a caffeine boost during the day. I don't really like heavy milk products so I tend to stay away from most beverages such as lattes or cappuccinos. At Dunkin' Donuts, its always their regular drip coffee.
CCC: French press
3. In general, what is your favorite aspect about coffee? Explain (i.e culture, taste, social lubricant)
Claire: I like the taste. I am a strict black coffee drinker when I drink drip coffee!
CCC: Learning about the farmers who grew the crop. So much interesting history there.
4. What is your favorite coffee story? (i.e bad experience at Starbucks or amazing espresso)
Claire: No comment here! Sorry.
CCC: Ordered a "grande drip" at Starbucks once and the barista could not understand what I wanted. Finally just said "grande coffee." Strange indeed.
5. Folgers or Maxwell House? :-)
Claire: I don't really drink either...
CCC: Death. Is that an option?